“Art is a fantasy, a poetic consilience, a possibility of realizing a utopian vision for the coming future”.
It started with a chat. It developed into a desire to communicate a bit of hope towards Lebanon. Yes: "hope;" while most of us here are burdened with negativity, we want to shine a light, and suggest a hint of promise. And so, we decided to highlight the beautiful aspects hidden within the daily rounds of Lebanese gossip; to highlight the privileges of the community we enjoy, and focus for a moment, or perhaps a little longer, on the vibrant, flourishing culture that distinguishes us from others. In doing this, however, we do not intend to deny or veil the black days we are presently passing through. The burdens of negativity surrounding us are there, undeniably, and prove very tiring and stressful. But we ask you, in this exhibition, to take a moment and look on with us at the bright, or at least, brighter side of Lebanese life.
And since every form of communication inevitably transmits a message, therefore we are acting on our language, the base of our communication. We consider ourselves in this project as “documentary painters”, aware of the subjectivity of our way of telling. That’s how we understand our social surroundings as they appear to us, to catch them in our paintings in an abstract form, without being judgmental, but a temporary suspension for the time needed to be in harmony with reality. We intended to exploit social behaviours and transform some aspects of them into paintings. We didn’t resist the temptation to create “Sensational Abstract” paintings which, in our opinion, would be more like artistic documentation of the real.
- 2022 - BAP Gallery, Art Market Budapest. Budapest, Hungary.
- 2022 - Kelimat Art Gallery. Solo Exhibition. Traveling In Absurdity. Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2022 - Zoha’s Art Space. Duo Exhibition. Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2021-22 - Peoria Riverfront Museum. Solo Exhibition. Peoria-Illinois , USA.
- 2021 - Arthaus. 33 Seconds Of Unconsciousness. Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2021 - KAF Art Gallery. Another Algorithm. Batroun, Lebanon.
- 2021 - KAF Art Gallery. Cognitive Algorithm. Solo Show. Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2021 - Arthaus. Simulacrum. Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2020 - Art on 56th Gallery. Emancipation Solo Show. Beirut, Lebanon.
- As of August 2020 - Notre Dame University (Zouk Mosbeh, Lebanon): Faculty of Architecture, Arts and Design. Position: Part-Time Lecturer
- January 2014 – Present - Notre Dame University (Zouk Mosbeh, Lebanon). Faculty of Architecture, Arts and DesignPosition: Full-Time Lecturer and Coordinator. Courses: Interior Design Studio I and II, Final Year Project, Construction Detailing I and II, Furniture Design, Architecture Design Studio I and II
- January 2005 – Present - American University of Beirut (Beirut, Lebanon). Department of Landscape Design and Ecosystem. Management Position: Part-Time Lecturer.
Courses: Site Engineering II and III, Landscape Design III, Landscape Design IV, AutoCAD, Technical Drawing
- January 2010 – August 2013 - American University of Science and Technology (Beirut, Lebanon). Interior Design Program. Position: Part-Time Lecturer and Course Coordinator.
- 2003 – 2013 - Nadim Karam and Hapsitus Architects. Position: Senior Architect. Projects included: Architecture projects, interior projects, landscape projects, workshops and competitions. Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2002 – 2003 - ERGA Group. Position: Architect. Beirut, Lebanon.
- May 2010 - Notre Dame University. M.A. in Landscape Urbanism. Zouk Mosbeh, Lebanon.
- June 2000 - Notre Dame University. B.A. in Architecture. Zouk Mosbeh, Lebanon.